Why Steel Horse Colombia?
The hostel name “Steel Horse” refers to our beloved motorcycles which carried us along the continent and allowed us to discover this magical place.
As travellers ourselves we know the feeling of arriving at a hostel feeling tired and in need of a hot shower and cold beer. We have designed our farm retreat especially for YOU! Steel Horse is a haven for fellow adventurers to relax, recharge, meet other like minded people and have a good time. We specially chose this location due to the beauty of the surrounding countryside and the huge number of local activities and places to explore. Our farm is in Filandia, recently awarded as the most scenic and cultural town in Colombia!
We cook family style group meals in the evenings and buffet style breakfasts in the mornings (when we have 3 or more people who request it). We also have a large guest kitchen for you to use and can also recommend many fantastic restaurants in Filandia if you prefer to eat out!
Our Facilities include:
- Fast Wifi, The very best available in Rural Colombia
- Proper Hot, gas powered showers
- Free, fresh coffee in the morning
- Onsite bar serving beers, wines and cocktails
- Table Tennis (Ping Pong)
- Book shelf and Board Games
- Nintendo 64 with Mario cart, Golden Eye and projector
- TV and Cinema projector. We have Netflix and a large selection of Movies, Series and Documentaries.
- Buffet Breakfast and Family style evening meals.
- Guest Kitchen.
- Large communal areas with plenty of seats and hammocks both inside and outside.
- Laundry Service.
- BBQ and Smoker.
- Tried and Tested First Hand Tourist information. Coffee Tours, Horse riding, trips to Cocora valley, Thermal baths, Paragliding, Mountain biking and more can all be arranged by us.
- Route planning and recommendations for the rest of Colombia and South America including, Amazon Jungle tours, Galapagos, driving to Machu Picchu from travellers who have been there and done it!
- Gardens for you to enjoy watching the hummingbirds, having picnics and practicing yoga.
- We have 3 horses on site for trekking.
- Fire pit.
- Secure Parking
- Long term motorcycle and horse storage available.
- Undercover area to work on your motorcycle and access to basic tool room.
- Fabulous sunsets and excellent location.
- We are located 2km from the centre of Filandia. The walk to our farm is an easy 30minutes (all downhill with beautiful views).
- We provide a free shuttle service to town each day in our 4×4 at 11am for people staying in private rooms.
- Private Jeep can be booked on site or from Filandias central square. $15,000cop per trip (regardless of how many people).
- We can currently accommodate up to 24 people in the main house. Private and shared rooms available. Groups and Individual travellers welcome.
- Glamping and Jacuzzi, new outside Bar with Pool tables and tejo.
- 4, 6 and 8 day Horse Trekking into the Andes Mountains.